Our easy air fryer ranch chickpeas recipe is made with 3 ingredients and ready in just 20 minutes. But be warned – you may want to make a double batch because this savory snack is very addicting!
If you are a little more conscious about snacking, chickpeas are a great option because they have the crunchiness of potato chips. Regardless of whether or not you are watching what you eat, you are going to love these crunchy ranch chickpeas.
We’re sharing tips to help you get the best results with this recipe. If you don’t need the tips, scroll to the bottom for the full recipe, including a printable recipe card.
Garbanzo beans are also a great source of plant based protein. Which is awesome for a snack food.
And roasted chickpeas are versatile when it comes to seasonings. Even kids and teens will enjoy this easy snack when you make them in their favorite flavors.
Cinnamon sugar and BBQ flavors are popular choices. If you’re feeling adventurous we’ve included more seasoning options below.
- garbanzo beans – be sure to rinse and drain them well
- ranch seasoning mix – use a packet or try our homemade recipe below
- olive oil
Optional Homemade Ranch Mix:
- dry buttermilk powder
- dried parsley
- granulated garlic
- granulated onion
- dried dill weed
- dried onion flakes
- dried chives
- kosher salt
- ground black pepper
How to Make Ranch Chickpeas in the Air Fryer
Preheat the air fryer to 400 degrees F.
Pat the chickpeas dry with a paper towel after you’ve drained and rinsed them.
Place a parchment paper liner in the basket.
Add the chickpeas in an even layer, making sure they don’t overlap.
Cook for 15 minutes, shaking the basket every 5 minutes.
Spray the cooked garbanzo beans generously with olive oil.
Mix the ranch seasoning in a large bowl, then toss the chickpeas until they are evenly covered.
How to Make Oven Roasted Ranch Chickpeas
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Place rinsed and dried beans in a single layer and bake for 30-40 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes. Spray with oil and toss them in a bowl with the ranch seasoning.
Tips for Making
- Make sure the beans are completely dry. This is the secret to making crispy chickpeas!
- If you don’t have the ingredients to make the homemade ranch seasoning, use a packet from the store.
- Ways to serve: as a snack or appetizer; as a substitute for croutons in salads.
How to Store Leftover Roasted Chickpeas
Store in an airtight container on the counter for up to 4 days. Beware that they lose their crispness overtime, so they are best when freshly made.
Reheat for a few seconds in the air fryer at 400 degrees F to refresh after they’ve been stored.
We don’t recommend freezing roasted chickpeas.
Looking for more inspiration? Check out these flavor option ideas. You can also check the popcorn aisle at your local grocery store for more seasonings that can be used on roasted chickpeas.
- Sweet – use cinnamon and sugar
- Taco /Mexican – substitute a tablespoon of taco seasoning for the Ranch seasoning
- Buffalo – lightly coat in buffalo sauce after cooking
- Garlic Parmesan
- Salt and vinegar
- Honey roasted
- Chili Lime
Yes. Depending on where you live may determine what they are commonly called but they are in fact the same thing.
Be sure that they are completely dry before cooking in the air fryer or oven. Don’t overload your basket or pan or they will turn out more steamed than roasted. Also, you can increase the cook time if needed.
Air Fryer Snacks and Apps
Crispy Air Fryer Ranch Chickpeas
- 15 ounce can garbanzo beans rinsed and drained
- 1 Tablespoon Ranch seasoning mix
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
Optional Homemade Ranch Seasoning Mix:
- ½ Tablespoon dry buttermilk powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon granulated onion
- 1/2 teaspoon dried dill weed
- 1/4 teaspoon dried onion flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon dried chives
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Preheat your air fryer to 400° F.
- Using paper towels, pat the rinsed garbanzo beans until completely dry. This step is necessary to achieve crispy chickpeas.
- Line the air fryer basket with parchment paper or use a parchment liner.
- Spread chickpeas evenly in the basket, making sure beans are in an even layer and not overlapping.
- Cook beans for 15 minutes, shaking the basket every 5 minutes, until golden brown and toasted to your liking.
- Generously spray the cooked chickpeas with olive oil.
- Add Ranch seasoning mix to a large bowl, then add the cooked chickpeas. Stir until the beans are evenly coated with seasoning mix.
Optional Homemade Ranch Seasoning Mix
- Place all ingredients in a bowl and stir until combined. Store in an airtight container in a cool, dry place for up to 2 months.
- Store cooked and cooled chickpeas in an airtight container for up to 4 days.
- Oven directions: preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Prepare beans as directed then place them on the prepared baking sheet in a single layer. Bake for 30-40 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes.
Because every air fryer is different, we recommend checking your food at the halfway point and adjusting the cooking time if necessary.
Nutritional information is provided as a reference, using an online calculator. We recommend verifying the information independently for accuracy.