Air Fryer Orange Chicken
Air Fryer Orange Chicken is cooked crispy and topped with a tangy orange glaze. You can make this easy Panda Express copycat at home quicker than you can run through the drive thru!
Servings: 4 People
- 2 chicken breasts about 1 pound, cubed
- 1 cup flour
- 1/3 cup cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/2 tablespoon Nature’s Season Seasoning Blend
- 2 eggs
- 1 orange you'll need the juice (about ½ cup) and zest
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- ¼ cup white vinegar
- ½ cup brown sugar packed
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch mixed with 1 tablespoon cold water
Add all the sauce ingredients to a saucepan and bring to a slow boil over medium heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring every couple of minutes to prevent sauce from sticking. Keep on warm setting while the chicken cooks.
In a mixing bowl, combine spices, flour and cornstarch.
Whisk the eggs in a separate bowl.
Coat the chicken pieces in the flour mixture, then dip in the eggs and do a final dredge in the flour to fully coat.
Prep the air fryer basket by coating with a thin layer of oil. Place breaded chicken in the prepared basket, being careful not to crowd the pieces. Spritz the chicken with oil.
Cook on 380 degrees Fahrenheit for 10 minutes.
After the chicken is cooked, reheat the sauce on low medium and add the fried chicken. Stir until chicken is completely coated.
Garnish with chopped green onions or sesame seeds if desired.
Serve over cooked rice.
- Substitute Spike or Mrs. Dash for the Nature's Season Seasoning Blend.
- For a saucier dish, double the sauce recipe.
- Can be served as an appetizer or main dish.
- Refrigerate leftovers.
Calories: 394kcal | Carbohydrates: 59g | Protein: 29g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 113mg | Sodium: 424mg | Potassium: 602mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 30g | Vitamin A: 270IU | Vitamin C: 20mg | Calcium: 87mg | Iron: 3mg