Heart Shaped Cherry Hand Pies
This Heart Shaped Hands Pie recipe requires just 3 ingredients and makes a fun Valentine’s Day dessert. Crispy on the outside, with a gooey cherry filling on the inside.
- 2 refrigerated pie crusts
- 1 egg
- 21 ounce canned cherry pie filling
Following package directions, allow the pie crusts to come to room temperature.
Pre-heat air fryer to 375 degrees F. Roll out the pie crust and cut out shapes with a heart shaped cookie cutter.
Place a teaspoon of cherry pie filling on half of the hearts. Top with remaining hearts and seal edges with a fork.
Using a pastry brush, lightly coat each heart with egg wash.
Place hearts in air fryer basket and cook for 5-8 minutes on 375 degrees F. These fry quickly - check them at the halfway mark and adjust cooking time if needed.
Remove from air fryer and place on a cooling rack.
Serve warm or at room temperature.
- Optional toppings:
- After adding the egg wash, sprinkle raw sugar on the uncooked pies before cooking.
- Drizzle cooked and cooled pies with a simple glaze made from confectioner's sugar and milk.
- The yield will vary based on the size of your cutter.
- To bake: preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Place pies on a parchment lined baking sheet and bake for 15-20 minutes. Transfer cooked pies to a cooling rack.
- Other flavors of pie filling can be used: apple, peach, blueberry and strawberry are good.
Calories: 192kcal | Carbohydrates: 28g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 4g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 14mg | Sodium: 130mg | Potassium: 85mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 122IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 13mg | Iron: 1mg