Air Fryer Ravioli is toasted to perfection and great for a quick Italian appetizer or even as a main meal. Serve with a side of marinara and a sprinkling of parmesan.
Give me all of the carbs! I absolutely love pastas and breads. But they aren’t always the healthiest food choices.
Because of that, I’m always open to finding ways to lighten up a recipe. I thought the air fryer would be the perfect way to lighten up our favorite toasted ravioli recipe. And I wasn’t disappointed – this air fryer ravioli is so delicious that I prefer it over the deep fried version (truth!).
Another thing I love is finding recipes that are versatile and can be made for different courses by adjusting the portion sizes. I’ve served this recipe for appetizers and as a quick weeknight meal.
I know some people say that air frying doesn’t hold a candle to deep-frying when it comes to certain traditional dishes, but not this one!
These cheese stuffed ravioli are crispy and cooked all the way through in only 5 minutes. You can also switch it up and use different ravioli flavors such as meat-stuffed or even veggie-filled.
If you are new to air frying, be sure you check out all of the amazing accessories. Not only are they functional, they expand the types of recipes you can make in the air fryer. You can grab a kit and have all the tools you need. Plus it’s cheaper than buying each piece individually.
These especially come in handy when you want to make bread or muffins because you need pans small enough to fit in the air fryer basket or on your air fryer tray (depending on the model you have).
You’ll want to grab a package of parchment paper liners – they make cleanup a breeze. And don’t forget an oil mister.
Ingredients for Air Fryer Ravioli
Ravioli – we are using refrigerated cheese ravioli, our favorite brand is Buitoni.
Eggs – these help the breadcrumbs stick to the raviolis.
Salt and Seasoned bread crumbs – we like to use Italian breadcrumbs but plain will work, too. You can also use seasoned panko breadcrumbs.
Parmesan cheese – the grated kind you find in the green container.
What I Use To Make Toasted Ravioli
Air Fryer – I’ve used several different models but am currently crushing on this Cosori model
Shallow bowls or pie plates – to set up a dredging station
Parchment paper liners
Silicone tongs – for flipping without damaging the finish on the fryer basket
How to Make Ravioli in the Air Fryer
Start by lining your basket or tray with parchment paper. If you have a basket-style air fryer, wait to line with parchment paper until after it preheats. You’ll also need an additional plate or dish to hold the coated raviolis before cooking.
Set up your dredging station by whisking your eggs and salt together in a shallow dish, and your breadcrumbs and cheese in a separate shallow dish.
Dip the ravioli first in the beaten egg and then in the breadcrumb mixture. Press slightly to make sure the coating adheres to the raviolis. Place on a plate until ready to cook.
Preheat your air fryer. If you aren’t using parchment paper spray the bottom of your pan or basket with a spritz of oil.
Place coated raviolis in the basket in a single layer. Mist with oil and start air frying.
Cook for 5 minutes, flipping halfway thru and misting the other side after turning.
Tips for Making
- Cooking times may vary based on the ravioli size.
- If cooking in batches, cooking time may be slightly reduced for 2nd & 3rd batches.
- To keep raviolis warm between batches, place in the oven on the lowest temperature setting. This also helps to keep them from getting soggy.
How To Reheat
To reheat in the air fryer, cook for 2-3 minutes at 370 degrees.
Can You Make Toasted Ravioli in the Oven?
Yes! Follow all of the instructions and place coated raviolis on a cookie sheet. Cook at 400 degrees for about 25 minutes or until golden brown. Be sure to flip them halfway through.
- Top with additional parmesan and serve with a side of marinara or pizza sauce.
- Can be served as an appetizer or main dish by altering the serving size.
- Add a green salad and garlic bread for a hearty meal.
More Air Fryer Recipes to Try:
- Air Fryer Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Air Fryer Biscuit Donuts
- 20 Minute Air Fryer Chicken Tenders
- Air Fryer Cauliflower
- Irresistible Air Fryer Meatballs
*****Pin the Recipe for Later*****
Air Fryer Ravioli
- 20 ounce refrigerated cheese ravioli
- 2 eggs
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup seasoned breadcrumbs
- ¼ cup grated parmesan
- Line a baking pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- Create a dredging station:1 – Beat the eggs & salt in a shallow dish.2 – Combine the bread crumbs & parmesan in a second shallow dish & stir to combine.
- Dip the ravioli first in the egg and then in the breadcrumb mixture. Place on the lined baking pan.
- Preheat the air fryer to 400 degrees.
- Prepare the air fryer basket by misting with oil (or apply a thin coat of oil with a brush). Place 9-ish raviolis in the air fryer basket in a single layer, making sure they aren’t touching. Spritz with a bit of oil.
- Cook for 3 minutes. Flip the ravioli & spritz with oil. Continue cooking for 2 more minutes, until golden brown.
- Serve immediately.
- Cooking times may vary based on the ravioli size.
- If cooking in batches, cooking time may be reduced for 2nd & 3rd batches.
- Serve with a side of marinara or pizza sauce for dipping.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container. To reheat in the air fryer, cook for 2-3 minutes at 370 degrees F.
Nutritional information is provided as a reference, using an online calculator. We recommend verifying the information independently for accuracy.