Air Fryer Bread Pudding is crispy on the outside, soft on the inside. And the butterscotch drizzle is to die for!
I really love the taste of bread pudding, but I tend to forget about this easy dessert until I have leftover bread I need to use.
If you aren’t familiar with bread pudding, or it’s your first time making it, day old bread works the best. I know that sounds ridiculous but it’s true. While we are using day old French bread, you can use whatever you have on hand.
Another great thing about making bread pudding, is the topping and mix in options are endless! Keep reading to hear our suggestions.
You will also need a 7-inch springform pan or one that fits your air fryer to cook the bread pudding in. We recommend grabbing an air fryer accessory kit that fits with your air fryer model. At some point you’ll need these gadgets and it’s cheaper to purchase a kit instead of each piece individually.
Ingredients for Bread Pudding Air Fryer Style
Day-old French bread – as I mentioned before you can use whatever bread you have
Heavy whipping cream
Butterscotch Sauce Ingredients
Butter flavored pancake syrup
How to Make Air Fryer Bread Pudding
Grab a mixing bowl and soak half of the bread with heavy cream and milk for about 10 minutes. We will use the rest of the ingredients in a little bit to make the second bread pudding.
In another small mixing bowl, beat one egg, then stir in some vanilla and sugar.
Wrap the bottom of your springform baking pan with foil, and grease the inside with butter. Add the soaked bread to the pan and pour the egg mixture over top.
Air fry for 15 minutes at 330 degrees F.
Remove the pan from the air fryer and let the bread pudding cool for about 15 minutes before removing from the pan.
Repeat the instructions to make the second bread pudding.
Making the Butterscotch Sauce
Melt a stick of butter with the syrup in a saucepan and add a cup of sugar. Whisk constantly until the sauce comes to a boil. Then remove from the heat and allow it to cool before drizzling over the bread puddings.
Avoid Watery Bread Pudding with These Tips
- Stale bread works best because it soaks up more of the pudding mixture.
- Don’t skip soaking the bread – it’s important to getting the right texture.
Do You Eat Bread Pudding Hot or Cold?
This is a personal preference. I prefer mine hot or warm, but there’s no harm in eating it cold.
How To Store
Keep leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
Bread Pudding Variations
Here are some of the add-ins and serving suggestions we mentioned earlier.
- Dried fruits
- Chocolate chips
- Whip cream
- Vanilla ice cream
- Butter pecan ice cream
- Cinnamon and Nutmeg
- Maple syrup (in place of the butterscotch syrup)
More Desserts to Try in the Air Fryer
Air Fryer Bread Pudding
- 1/2 loaf day old French bread cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 1/4 cups heavy whipping cream
- 3/4 cup whole milk
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 tablespoons vanilla
- 10 tablespoons butter divided
- 1/2 cup butter flavored syrup
- In a mixing bowl, soak half of the bread cubes with 3/4 cup of heavy cream and half of the milk for about 10 minutes. Set aside remaining bread, milk and heavy cream.
- In a separate mixing bowl, beat 1 egg. Stir in 1/2 cup of sugar and 1 tablespoon of vanilla.
- Wrap the bottom of a 7” springform pan with foil.
- Using one tablespoon of butter, grease the inside of the springform pan. Add the soaked bread cubes to the pan. Pour sugar/egg/vanilla mixture over the soaked bread.
- Cook on 330 degrees F for 15 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the air fryer basket and let cool for 15 minutes before removing the bread pudding from the pan.
- Repeat steps 1-4 for the second pudding.
Butterscotch Sauce Directions:
- In a saucepan, melt 8 tablespoons (1 stick) of butter with buttered flavored syrup and 1 cup of sugar. While whisking, bring the sauce to a boil. Once boiling, remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Once sauce has cooled and the bread puddings have been removed from the pan, drizzle sauce over the bread puddings.
- Stale bread works best in this recipe.
- Optional add-ins: chocolate chips, fresh berries, raisins
- Optional for serving: serve with a scoop of butter pecan or vanilla ice cream.
- Can be served warm or cold.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 3-4 days. Reheat in the air fryer if desired.
- Nutritional information includes the Butterscotch Sauce.
Because every air fryer is different, we recommend checking your food at the halfway point and adjusting the cooking time if necessary.
Nutritional information is provided as a reference, using an online calculator. We recommend verifying the information independently for accuracy.